H & L has successfully serviced many business owners, immigration investors, international corporations, and individuals to their satisfaction in the areas of commercial lease, real property development, shareholders’ rights, division of family assets, child custody and access, immigration appeal, criminal defense, estate administration and probate matters.
- One junior litigator and one junior solicitor
Our continuously expanding practices are calling for two junior associates to join our new offices located in Port Coquitlam and Richmond. Candidates may be expected to travel and work between our Burnaby office, PoCo office, and Richmond office on a regular basis, although each associate will have his or her primary office / work station in either the PoCo or Richmond office.
The litigator: we expect a minimum of one-year experience in one or more of the following areas: criminal law, civil litigation, or corporate commercial, family law, administrative hearing, or immigration law.
The solicitor: we expect shall have a minimum of one-year experience in one or more of the following areas: commercial lending, mortgages, estate planning, corporate structure, family law, and real estate.
The majority of the clients we assist have a Chinese background. As such, the ability to communicate in Mandarin (or Cantonese) will be an asset.
H&L offers comprehensive support in marketing, client relationship, practice resources, and management. We also strive to provide a collaborative work environment.
Indeed job posting: https://www.indeed.ca/cmp/Henderson-&-Lee-Law-Corporation/jobs/Junior-Litigator-Solicitor-49c160f16e817c89?q=solicitor
- Office administration / Junior legal assistant
Henderson & Lee Law Corporation has immediate opening for one fulltime office admin / junior legal assistant at its Port Coquitlam office located next to the provincial court.
Job responsibilities include answering phone calls, taking messages, copying and faxing documents, managing incoming emails, answering general inquires, opening and organizing files, entering data into PC Law, receiving payment, managing lawyers’ calendar, booking appointments, preparing routine correspondences, and completing standard legal forms, and other general duties of a typical law office.
This is a one-year contract position, commencing January 2018 and is renewable at the end of the term. Conversational Korean or Japanese is an asset but not mandatory.
The ideal candidate shall have the following qualifications:
- Minimal one-year office work experiences in a professional setting
- Minimal one-year formal education in law, accounting, or other office training program
- Strong verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Efficient and accurate writing skills in English and Mandarin
- This job focuses assisting lawyers whose clients primarily speak Mandarin; therefore, the ability to speak, read and write Mandarin is essential.
- Being able to manage multiple files with shifting priorities
- Experience of PC Law is an asset but not mandatory
- Experience in Civil Rules of BC/Family Rules of BC/Criminal Law/WESA is an asset but not mandatory
- Fast learner
- Ability to follow deadlines
- Ability to deal extreme stressful situation
We offer above average remuneration, group medical benefit, and free parking.
Indeed job posting: https://www.indeed.ca/cmp/Henderson-&-Lee-Law-Corporation/jobs/Legal-Assistant-df51bab8905dce6c?sjdu=Zzi_VW2ygsY1fzh3Ma9ZsE4zIT1NTXCwgFBhdjeTC3NhfwUeAAAfL2lrOMQ9UtUAqS4UXiEbEbrTa3ODt509ow&tk=1c0p58d2p1e7b0j0
To find out more about these positions, please email you CV with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with confidence.